We offer you professional FEM calculation as a service. Within the framework of a finite element calculation, we investigate the loads (e.g. deformations, stresses and strains) acting on your components. We can consider static as well as dynamic loads. Furthermore, the representation of complex contact problems or the interaction of components with different stiffnesses is no problem for us.
FEM calculation of a container
Practical example: Finite element calculation of the deformation of a container under internal pressure. Depending on how high the internal pressure is in the vessel, the vessel bottom bulges downwards. The stresses between the bottom and the container wall must be taken into account. In particular, stress peaks can occur in or around the contact and transition areas. The higher the internal pressure in the vessel, the more the vessel bottom will bulge outwards.
- Buckling (linear/non-linear)
- Crash simulation (vehicle, component crash and drop tests)
- Dynamic strength analysis (shock tests, impact analysis or thermal shock)
- Earthquake simulation
- Strength calculation
- FSI simulation (fluid-structure interaction)
- Frequency Response Analysis
- Lifetime testing
- Modal analysis (determination of the component natural frequencies)
- Calculation of polymers, plastics, seals and composites
- Spectral Analysis (PSD)
- Static structural analysis (constant load by force, deformation or temperature)
- Topology optimization
- Topography optimization
- Thermal finite element simulations
Results and benefits of FE analysis:
- Determination of component failure due to the application of force
- Calculation of deformation, stress and strain
- Representation of the contact situation between components
- Determination of critical natural frequencies
- Component stress due to temperature effects
This allows us to identify critical points within your design and thus safeguard your components against failure or impermissible deformation. This enables us not only to evaluate the strength of your design, but also to make statements about the service life of individual components and assemblies.
Furthermore, an FEM calculation offers informative insights in the event of damage. Depending on the damage pattern, we can draw conclusions about the load on components and thus reconstruct the load on the component before failure and map this in a simulation. This helps you to understand the function of your construction and to improve it in a targeted manner.
If desired, we will be pleased to establish contact with recognised standardisation and testing institutions for you and prove the strength of your construction in accordance with their specifications.
Why you can count on us as a service provider for finite element analyses
With our many years of experience, our profound understanding of simulations, as well as for the subject of finite element methodology, we help our customers from various industries every day. Therefore we are the ideal project partner for you !
- Plasticity / Creep
- structural optimization
- dynamic FEM analysis of large models with a large number of contacts
Often the commissioning of an FEM calculation as a service is not that simple. The more complex the task, the more the wheat is separated from the chaff. Depending on the choice of the right provider, the correct understanding of the task and the technical competence in the model creation play a decisive role in addition to the offer price. If it is only a matter of analyzing individual components with simplified boundary conditions, the differences in terms of quality, processing time and costs are probably relatively small. On the other hand, the situation is often quite different for complex simulation tasks!
As soon as several components of different materials interact mechanically with each other, it is advisable to select a competent provider for the FEM calculation service, who has the necessary experience for the subtleties and details of the customer's problem. Thus, a well-founded consultation is often underestimated.
During the project acceptance phase, we advise you on the possibilities offered by FE analysis and the results to be expected even before the quotation is prepared. From the mechanics of a ballpoint pen to plastic parts and heavy mechanical engineering, there are applications for mechanical simulations in all industrial sectors. Even force reactions due to spring action or stiffness differences in the assembly of snap-fits can be easily reproduced.
We would be happy to take a look at your task and discuss the possibilities and the sensible use of FE analyses in your project with you!
Example projects for FE calculations:
- FEM analysis of a stool made of wood with plastic parts from the 3D printer
- FEM analysis and force determination on components via rigid body simulation
- Fluid-structure interaction (FSI simulation) of a cylinder head
- FE analysis of rubber and plastic components
- FE- simulation of a pedestrian bridge
Do you have questions or need more information ? You'll find here answers to the most common questions about the preparation of offers and the project process !
Please contact us, and request our free, non-binding offer today !